I did upgrade a little bit, this year
I purchased a Wilton Gingerbread Village Kit to add some houses to the forest.
tree and the bottom of the 2nd tree.
until the edges start to crust.
|Reusable Grocery Bags|
|Road to Bethleham|
My Grandchildren love to write on things, not always paper. While shopping in Staples a couple of months ago, I came across their clearance bin and found these 6″ X 9″ plastic clipboards. They came 2 to a package and were marked $.50. The creative wheels started racing,
“What can I do with these?”
I thought something for the grand kids and
bought 2 packages.
Then I thought they’ll need paper to write on.
I looked around for inexpensive pads
of paper that would fit the clipboard.
Of course I would find paper this was Staples. I found boarded 5″ X 7″ pads for $1.00 each.
Check the clearance section where ever you shop you just don’t know what you might find.
|Grocery Bag Dispenser|
In my Americana Welcome, I mentioned that I would write a post about the “Fabric Apple“, well here it is. They are fun an easy to make and can be made to match all colors of decor. These sit my Americana Bathroom.
Things you need:
Fabric piece about 8 1/2″ X 15″
Poly fiber fill
Paper twist or paper ribbon
1 1/2″ long cinnamon stick
Hot glue and glue gun
2. Sew 2 apple pieces together using a 1/4″ seam forming half the apple. Turn. Do the same for the other 2 pieces but don’t turn.
3. With right sides together sew the 2 half apple pieces together leaving a 1 1/2″ section about 1 inch from the narrow end. Turn right side out.
4. Stuff firm with poly fiber fill and stitch closed using a blind stitch.
5. Using a long needle and knit cro-sheen, double thickness with a knot on the end, starting at the narrow end pull the needle through to the middle of the wide end.
7. Using hot glue, glue the 2 leaf pieces together forming an X and glue the cinnamon stick in the center.
8. Using the hot glue, glue the leaf section to the top of the apple.
You’re finished. Now make some more.
You might also like:
|Peanut Butter Squares|
|Almond Poppy Seed Cake|