Are you tired of dirtying every pot and pan in the kitchen to cook dinner? Me too. As a result, I have become a big fan of one pot meals. As a busy working mom, I do not like spending lots of time doing the dishes. So much so, that it is not unusual to find a pile of dishes on my counter. As a result, I really like meals that do not dirty every dish in my kitchen.
This chicken fried rice recipe not only uses one pan, it also contains protein and veggies. This is a win-win for my house as I have kids who are not so willing to eat their veggies. I know this is my own fault, but when I can put the veggies into a larger put together meal it is easier. Consequently, other veggies can be added to this recipe or switched out for veggies your family may like better.
CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- 3 tbls olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast cubed
- 4 tbls soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Using a deep skillet or wok. Heat 2 tbls olive oil. Saute onion for about 2 minutes.
- Push onions to the side, scramble eggs until fully cooked. Mix with onion and put aside.
- Add cubed chicken and 2 tbls soy sauce. Cook chicken (about 7 minutes)
- Add carrots, peas, and cashews. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, remaining 1 tbls of olive oil, and remaining 2 tbls soy sauce. Cook until rice is warmed through.
**This can be made gluten free as long as the soy sauce is gluten free**