You could easily apply to any shape or holiday. I had lots of little pieces of Valentine fabric left over from a quilt and Valentine’s Day is coming up so I got to add to my Valentine’s Day Decor.
- Fabric scraps for paper piecing
- Back – 3 pieces at least paper size (8 1/2″x11″)
- Batting – same size as back
- Ribbon – cut 2- 4″ pieces and 4 – 10-12″ pieces
- Heart Paper Piece Pattern
Things to remember
- After you print your pattern take Heart A and B and cut the heart on the “cut line”.
- Paper Piece your hearts. There are great instructions here and here.
- Remember you will need to add 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Remember the heart outline is the stitch/sew line. So cut your heart out at least 1/4″ larger.
- Use this shape for your back and batting pattern.
- Add your ribbons, just like in the Star and Heart Banner.
- Pin front and back shapes, with right sides together, and the batting on the back.
- Sew heart on sew line leaving an opening 2-3″ so you can turn your heart.
- Turn and iron. Don’t burn your fingers.
- Whip stitch opening closed or pull out your glue gun, either way works great.
- Iron again.
- Quilt if you want to. Hint: if you use hot glue quilting might not be a good idea. Needles don’t like glue.
- Tie ribbons together.
- Find a great place to display your hard work!
You might also enjoy:
|Stars & Stars|
|Grandma’s Banana Bread|