Camping Nachos sounded really good when we were planning our meals for a camping trip. I just wasn’t sure how to make nachos on a camping stove. It really isn’t hard.
The secret is to cook on a low temperature and cover. I would recommend warming the hamburger and refried beans before adding them to the chips. I precooked my hamburger before we left home and it was cold when I added it to the chips. Same with the refried beans. It took just a little too long to warm things up. The chips were starting to burn. Just warm things up a bit and your nachos will be perfect.
Recipe type: Camping
Easy camping recipe the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning (prepared ahead of time)
- 1 can refried beans
- salsa (to taste)
- 1 -2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Prepared ground beef before you leave for camping.
- Line dutch oven or frying pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Pre heat ground beef and refried beans.
- Layer tortilla chips, refried beans, ground beef and salsa.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover dutch oven with lid or foil.
- Cook on lowest temperature. You might want to try a stove diffuser to help distribute the heat.
I hope you enjoy!
Some other camping favorites
8 thoughts on “Camping Nachos”
This looks yummy! Pinning to try on one of our campouts! 🙂
These look amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Kylie recently posted…The Best 1000 Lumen Flashlight Buying Guide
It looks so yummy, I love it!!