Coat again with Mod Podge to seal and protect the paper. Because the blocks are wood glued together there is a seam all the way around the block, I trimmed burlap ribbon and glued it all the way around to cover the seam. I thought they turned out fun.
We came up with some other ideas for this project. You might try a Pringles can. Paint the lid and punch a hole it it, a ready made top.
Instead of painting the tubes, cover them with fun
red, white and blue scrap book paper.
|Stars and Stars|
|Stars and Hearts Banner|
In my Americana Welcome, I mentioned that I would write a post about the “Fabric Apple“, well here it is. They are fun an easy to make and can be made to match all colors of decor. These sit my Americana Bathroom.
Things you need:
Fabric piece about 8 1/2″ X 15″
Poly fiber fill
Paper twist or paper ribbon
1 1/2″ long cinnamon stick
Hot glue and glue gun
2. Sew 2 apple pieces together using a 1/4″ seam forming half the apple. Turn. Do the same for the other 2 pieces but don’t turn.
3. With right sides together sew the 2 half apple pieces together leaving a 1 1/2″ section about 1 inch from the narrow end. Turn right side out.
4. Stuff firm with poly fiber fill and stitch closed using a blind stitch.
5. Using a long needle and knit cro-sheen, double thickness with a knot on the end, starting at the narrow end pull the needle through to the middle of the wide end.
7. Using hot glue, glue the 2 leaf pieces together forming an X and glue the cinnamon stick in the center.
8. Using the hot glue, glue the leaf section to the top of the apple.
You’re finished. Now make some more.
You might also like:
|Peanut Butter Squares|
|Almond Poppy Seed Cake|
We have a new pattern ready for our Etsy store. It is called Stars & Stars. It is a small Americana quilt that fits on a wire table stand.
There will be other seasonal quilts for this stand to come.
Check out our other patterns at our Etsy Store.
You might also like.
|Grandma’s Banana Bread|