In my Americana Welcome, I mentioned that I would write a post about the “Fabric Apple“, well here it is. They are fun an easy to make and can be made to match all colors of decor. These sit my Americana Bathroom.
Things you need:
Fabric piece about 8 1/2″ X 15″
Poly fiber fill
Paper twist or paper ribbon
1 1/2″ long cinnamon stick
Hot glue and glue gun
2. Sew 2 apple pieces together using a 1/4″ seam forming half the apple. Turn. Do the same for the other 2 pieces but don’t turn.
3. With right sides together sew the 2 half apple pieces together leaving a 1 1/2″ section about 1 inch from the narrow end. Turn right side out.
4. Stuff firm with poly fiber fill and stitch closed using a blind stitch.
5. Using a long needle and knit cro-sheen, double thickness with a knot on the end, starting at the narrow end pull the needle through to the middle of the wide end.
7. Using hot glue, glue the 2 leaf pieces together forming an X and glue the cinnamon stick in the center.
8. Using the hot glue, glue the leaf section to the top of the apple.
You’re finished. Now make some more.
You might also like:
|Peanut Butter Squares|
|Almond Poppy Seed Cake|