Homemade Tomato Sauce really is easier than it sounds. Like anything else it takes a little time, but really your stove and freezer will do the hard work.
I don’t like to eat tomatoes and neither does my husband so I’m really not sure why we planted tomatoes. We must be crazy! So I ended up with all these tomatoes no one was eating – now what? Tomato sauce! – we love to eat that. I cook with Tomato Sauce all the time, yah whoo! lets save some money.
Now our recipes will have Homemade Tomato Sauce.
– and so many others.
Now really it’s so easy.
- Rinse tomatoes
- With a sharp knife make a little X on each tomato
- Boil tomatoes for 1 minute
- Place tomatoes in ice water (I fill up my sink)
- Peal tomatoes (the skins will slide right off)
- Add a 15oz. can of Tomato Sauce to a large pot
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out all excess water and seeds
- Place tomatoes in the large pot
- Add seasoning now or wait and add later to your recipe
- Simmer 2 hours (stir occasionally)
- Optional: Place in blender for desired texture.
See I told you it was easy. Enjoy!