I found this recipe on my search for camping recipes. We tossed it as a camping recipe – too many ingredients to take camping. But it’s a keeper at home. My kids seriously polished their plates and asked for more.
Big Points for Mom!
I love to see them eat good food even if it’s not the healthiest.
I’m still on the look out for a Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe for camping, but if I never find one I’m good with just eating this at home. So if any of our readers has a great Sweet and Sour Chicken dutch oven recipe please share.
Now back to our new recipe. I cheated a little on this recipe – it’s not all from scratch. I know… shocker. I’m also busy mom and dinner sneaks up on me all the time so I used bottled Sweet and Sour Sauce. Forgive me – someday I’ll try making my own – but until then this works great for busy days.
You will need (measurements on printable recipe):
- garlic powder
- canola oil
- gallon size re-closable
- sweet and sour sauce
It’s so easy you toss everything in a bag, shake, fry and bake.
- 1 pound chicken (cut into nugget size)
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 - 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 bottle sweet and sour sauce
- Place cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken in reclosable bag.
- Shake until chicken is coated.
- Heat half of oil in a frying pan.
- Dip chicken pieces in whisked egg and place in frying pan.
- Fry both sides of chicken.
- Fry chicken in 2 - 3 batches.
- Place chicken on baking pan. Lightly sprayed with cooking spray or line with foil.
- Pour half sweet and sour sauce over chicken.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes.
- Turn chicken and pour remaining sweet and sour sauce of chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes
Other Chicken Recipes you might love.
I hope you enjoy!